I cant get my soy candles to smell!!! help

kdorfman

I am new to making soy candles and I am having a problem with the candles throwing off a scent. I have tried many different melting/pouring temp. and 1 - 1.5 ounces of fragrance and still nothing!!!! Can somebody please help me:shocked2:

Thank you,

K J

Are you also using fragrances from CS? Are you using the CD wicking or eco when you say #10 and what jars? Also, did you let the candles cure for several days before burning them? 464 is soy and will need a cure. The throw could be questionable until it is cured. Give me as much info as you can and maybe someone who uses your wax will chime in also.

:laugh2:When I was working with this wax it took me 8 months of testing before I got a good product. It could be the wick, what % of fo are you using? And I wouldn't try to sniff anything without letting it cure for at least a full week. There a lot of good info on this board about this wax.

I let my candles cure for at least 3 - 4 days and some of them have been longer. I am using a 8oz jelly jar and I am not sure about the wicks. I had order through Candle Science the sample package of wicks and the package comes in various sizes. I just happen to like the wicks that are labelled #10.

I let my candles cure for at least 3 - 4 days and some of them have been longer. I am using a 8oz jelly jar and I am not sure about the wicks. I had order through Candle Science the sample package of wicks and the package comes in various sizes. I just happen to like the wicks that are labelled #10.Yesterday 06:50

Hello ..

I am new here .. I am having the same problem! I have tried making a few many candles with the Golden 464 and eco soy 135 .. the melt pool etc is all great, cold throw wonderful too, but hot throw is so mild it may as well not be there! I have tried FO from candlecience and candlemaker and both seem to be the same.

I have NOT let the candles cure for a week . Some 3- 4 days tho.

I was wondering about adding the coconut oil ... does that help with the hot throw? I am making all my candles in 8 oz tins for now just as testers and its sooooo frustrating. The 4 oz tins tend to smell better. I don't want to blend parrafin wax at all and would like to make a pure soy/veg candle.

Am heating at 180 then adding FO ..

My proportions ... About 156 grams wax to 2 tbsp FO for 8 oz tin

in 464 ... is this correct???

would appreciate any and all help!

Thanks

:(

Hi JennyJo,

I am using eco#10 wicks, #464 soy blend with a 8oz jar. I just invested in a presto pot that somebody had advised to get. Hopefully. I just don't understand why the wick would matter. Because when I burn them they are not too low or high they are a perfect flame