Melting Methods...

Hen-n-Chicks

What melting method has been most effective for you?

I tried a roasting pan and after nearly 3 hours at max temp the melted wax wasn't near hot enough. I jumped ship and did a double boiler on the stove and the wax reached optimum temp within 5 mins. I colored, scented and poured in no time.

Any recommendations?

~Shawna

What melting method has been most effective for you?

I tried a roasting pan and after nearly 3 hours at max temp the melted wax wasn't near hot enough. I jumped ship and did a double boiler on the stove and the wax reached optimum temp within 5 mins. I colored, scented and poured in no time.

Any recommendations?

~Shawna

I've only done the double boiler method, and frankly, it bores me! LOL. I'm really thinking about making a presto pot. It's basically a deep fryer (with an adjustable temp setting) that you drill a hole into and add a spout to pour your wax after heating. They run about $20-25 bucks at Target/Wal-Mart, etc. Here is information about how to make them from Candle Tech - http://www.candletech.com/general-information/do-it-yourself-wax-melter/ , or you can get them already made, as Travis said.

definitely Presto, but watch out....the Presto pots at Wal-Mart are smaller than the older ones. Found that out the hard way after buying 3 news ones.

You are right but I don't find the larger ones anywhere now. I think they are not being made anymore.

• 2 months later...
I found Presto pots for 49.99 + 15 for shipping on Ebay. My hubster is sick of my stove messes so he is buying one for me. :yay:

Where on EBAY did you get yours? My BF got me a gift card to EBAY so I could get one. Just wanted to see if anyone bought one from the supplier I am looking at? It seems it is the same price. I am also curious of the safety of the unit. Thanks