Libbey's Interlude Jars

I was at the Lonestar store two days ago and wanted to get wood wicks for interlude jars. They said that no one was having much luck with wood wicks and soy, yet I see them everywhere. I was so discouraged that I didn't buy the wicks and now feel I should have and just tested so now I sit with jars and forgot to get wicks for them! UGH!

Any experience along soy/woodwick/interlude jars?

Also since I went ahead and bought the 12 oz interlude jars, suggestion on wicking now I haven't gotten the wood wicks?

Thanks in advance.

I'm so sorry to hear about that happening I know that must be frightening. I've always loved my wood wicks purchased retail, however I never let them burn for hours and hours and hours.

What about other wicks?

I'm using CB PB. Has anyone tried these with either that wax or GB 115? Thought I might save a little testing time.

I never let them burn for hours and hours and hours.

Can you feel sure that CUSTOMERS will not do this?!

I'm using CB PB. Has anyone tried these with either that wax or GB 115? Thought I might save a little testing time.

You might search the forums for past posts about this... Best suggeston is to do your own testing for best results.

I don't understand... when folks have so much trouble dialing in their wicking with regular wicks WHY they would choose a wooden wick, which is far less accurate in its burn properties... :confused:

I've been doing nothing but testing on wooden wicks (Unity kind), GW 464 soy, and Libbey Status jars. After nine months of testing, I'm still learning stuff.

Palm and a wooden wick simply do not go together. The palm burns too hot and the wick doesn't burn off as fast, resulting in the wooden wick version of a mushroom. It turns the wick into a torch. Even if you resize the wick so that it is small enough to burn at the correct rate as the palm, the wooden wick will be so small it will hardly produce any crackle sound (which is the main reason why to use a wooden wick). As always, you could blend in some soy or other additives to cool off the palm, but I don't recommend using palm as a base.

If you like working with soy, then just start testing. Get some wooden wicks and give it a try. Bitter Creek North sells a different variety of wooden wicks and I've only started testing with them. Just by looking at them they appear to be a little less variable than the Unity wicks, which is great for getting more consistent results.

Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...