Anyone have a problem with FO smell lingering in silicone molds?

gardengirl

I bought a bunch of round silicone molds from WSP, made soap and when I unmolded I washed the molds and they really retained the FO smell. I soaked them overnight but smell is still there. Interestingly, I have used Wilton silicone cupcake molds before and no problem with the smell. Any ideas on how to get rid of this. I could find nothing on the internet about it that actually worked.

I've never used the silicone molds from WSP. I use the wilton cupcake molds and have no problems and they come in soo many cute shapes! I have recieved some cheaper silicone molds (which may have been intended for making ice) that bled the mold color into the soap. I haven't used those again. I know that's not what you were looking for. Hopefully someone else will come along that has used the silicone molds from WSP.

My fragrances linger in my Upland Silicone Mold and also my Silvermoon but my next batch that I make ever smells like the one before. You could wash real good with Baking soda but I don't think you next batch with smell like the previous one.

HTH

Barbara AL

I use silicone baking pans that are not by Wilton & the FO odor is strong even after washing but like BarbaraAL said, I never smell it when I make the next batch. The first time I used them I cleaned them with a paste of baking soda & water but could still smell the FO faintly. Now I just rinse them out after a batch & even tho the FO scent is still strong it doesn't matter in the next batch. I've used a Wilton mold & had no lingering odor but I only used it with M&P not CP.