Need to order tart wax~Ky tart wax Or The Candle source wax?

ky-sam

I need to place a order for tart wax I am using GB 444 now. Has Anyone compared Ky tart wax and the candle source container, tart wax? If so please post your thoughts on which is better.

Thanks

KY-sam

92faf18c-0b69-42aa-9b90-2817d7a14547

I have used KY parasoy for tarts. Also used the 415, and various combinations of parasoy. Tested The Candle Source container/votive wax; loved it, never looked back. Wasn't impressed with the KY wax at all :sad2:

Thanks Ravens! I was gonna try some TCS how about their fragrance I wanted to sample some, is there a good throw with just 1 ounce fragrance? Also I use portion cups do you think that wax will come out.

92faf18c-0b69-42aa-9b90-2817d7a14547

Edited by ky-sam
forgot something

I just received my container blend wax and 1 ounce frangrances from The Candle Source today and I am so... impressed with the oob smell. I will be busy this weekend. I want to start making scented rag balls and I found out from Bette at TCS that this wax can be used to dip animals and rag balls in. I am so happy about this :yay:

Sharon Kay

I just received my container blend wax and 1 ounce frangrances from The Candle Source today and I am so... impressed with the oob smell. I will be busy this weekend. I want to start making scented rag balls and I found out from Bette at TCS that this wax can be used to dip animals and rag balls in. I am so happy about this :yay:

Sharon Kay

SharonKay ... I have never heard of dipping rag balls in wax! Are there instructions for this somewhere or is someone selling some that I can see a photo of?

Blessings,

Shirlee

Great, SharonKay! Let us know how it goes. Got my TCS order last night... happy as a clam :cheesy2:

Hi SharonKay and Ravens! Fixing to get started myself with my new TCS wax! Can't wait! Good luck to all of you and we'll share notes later! Have a Blessed Day!

Mary

Mary0050, got to work with my beloved TCS wax last night and tried the following scents: Hollyberry, Caramelized Pralines (Candle Science), Sugared Spruce, Sleighbells (The Candle Source), Tribal Nights (Southern Scentsations).

I have an order coming from LoneStar; can't wait to try their Autumn Lodge in this wax!

In the Presto pot, the Caramelied Pralines smelled soooo absolutely yummy, delicious:drool:

The tarts are curing now. I will let them sit at least 4 days.... why do I keep telling myself and others "4 days" when I can barely manage 2? :rolleyes2

Mary0050... Have fun with you wax this weekend, I'll be thinking of you while I'm working on mine.

Ravens...Caramelized Pralines from CS is probably my favorite fragrance, I just can't get enough of it. OOB TCS Sugared Spruce is awesome. It's like where to start with about 80 of their sample fragrances. Tis The Season smells so... good. Good Luck waiting four days. TEHE

Sharon Kay :yay:

Ravens... Yes it is from TCS, here's the description:

Tis The Season - a creamy eggnog toddy sprinkled with pumpkin pie & spices. Please let us know how they smell as soon as you melt them.

3Bees~1Flower...This is the TCS container blend we are talking about, that can be used on tarts, dipping and containers.

Sharon Kay

3Bees, if you go to The Candle Source website, on the menu tothe left of your screen, click on "Wax information and directions".

The wax I use is the one pictured on the left, showing an open box with the slabs inside. Below that is the description of the 3 waxes (Pre-blended wax, Soy wax, Votive/Pillar wax).

I use the first one (the Pre-blended wax). This is how its description reads, "Melt point 128, pour temp 175-180. Fragrance load rating 8.5% max. No additives needed". HTH

Sharon kay, I fell in love with the description of "Tis the Season", if that's possible; now I feel I simply must have it! Have you ever tried this FO before? will definately let you know when I melt these new "babies"!

well, shoot, then i bought the wrong one....in the first or second post it said container/votive blend...since they don't have a "container/votive blend" i went with the "pillar/votive blend". :( hope it still works for tarts.

edited to add: on their wax page where you buy the wax, it just says container blend...so i didn't know that was the one for tarts and went with the one that said votive.

Edited by 3bees~1flower

Ravens...I just received one ounce of This The Season yesterday so I will be making this up tomorrow. I love eggnog and this has an added something which is so creamy and yummy. I loved Grandma's Swinging Eggnog from Peaks oob but when I put it in the wax I was using at the time it had a real strong fuel smell to it. I have high hopes for this one.

Cdesousa5...This is my first time to use TCS wax and fragrance oils. I ordered about 80 one ounce fragrance oils from them to see what I like. I was so... happy with all of them oob. I will start putting the TCS fragrances in wax tomorrow. I have a bunch of AH I am doing today. I will post my results as I go. This may take a while.

Sharon Kay

SharonKay, please please please tell us which FOs you ordered from TCS. Roughly 80? Wow, that's a lot!

Right now I have Sex on the Beach melting; though it smells different from the one I tried a while back (from Candle Science), it sure is throwing strong since 10 this morning (it's now close to 7p and it's going great).

Later on tonight, it'll be Monkey Farts.:smiley2:

My weekend didn't go as planned so I wasn't able to do candles like I planned. I was able to work on them a couple hours this morning. I used my new container blend wax from TCS. I see mean what you mean about dimples and I am trying to embrace those cute little things LOL. It is really easy to work with and to clean up.

I have a friend who wanted me to use some CS fragrances so I made Honeysuckle Jasmine and Violet Lime from CS, I mixed CS Red Rose and TCS Honeysuckle ( l love the honeysuckle, very true). I made Pear Vanilla from Backwoods (beautiful soft frangance), Black Raspberry Vanilla TCS (love it, yummy I could just eat it, already has a strong cold throw), Heavenly TCS (smells absolutely heavenly, strong cold throw), Fantasy TCS (love it, so far cold throw is soft, but it's only been about 12 hours since I made it), Lovespell TCS, (already great cold throw).

Ok I got alot of samples. Apple Butter (yummy oob), Apples & Evergreen (love this oob, so pretty), Baby Powder (smells so good, just like J&J), Baked Apple Pie (I hope I have finally found my apple pie, Black Magic (love this one), Blue Christmas (smells so Christmassy), Brandied Fruit (love this fruity sweet smell), Tis the Season (this is probably one of my favorites but then I love the smell of eggnog). I will go into more detail about the frangrances as I put them in wax. My plans are to spend my day making portions cups tomorrow.

Ravens... I didn't get Sex on the Beach, but I did get Monkey Farts, I don't like grapefruit but I really like this fragrance. I now am on the waiting game, wanted to melt my portion cups but knowing that I have to let them cure. So difficult to wait!

How's everyone else doing?

Sharon Kay