Found this on Etsy, any clue how to do something like this??

xxxtennillexxx

I found this on Etsy and my kids would LOVE them!!! Does anyone have clue how to do something like this? I'm fairly new to soap making (M&P only) and have no clue where to even start...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/58891733/15-exploding-frog-soap-halloween-favors?ref=sr_list_29&ga_search_query=soap&ga_search_type=category&category=bath_and_beauty&ga_page=5&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title

I would love to do something like this for halloween favors for my kids' classes!

This person has the TM next to the frog on his listing yet this tutorial has been out for a while?

He may or may not have a trade mark on the name "Exploding Frog Soaps". It wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone use the trade mark symbol without actually having a trade mark. You can't trade mark, copyright or patent an idea (bath bomb inside m&p soap) you can trademark and copyright your unique look, name, name of your product. Patents are for inventions, not ideas.

if you look at the other pics, its a perfect round bath bomb inside it.. so I really think they likely just pour some soap in, plop the bath bomb in the center, then top it off.

I was looking at that too. If there is too much soap, how much washing/bathing would you have to do before getting to the exploding part? For kids to have the most fun with it, I'd think that it would be a one use product with the pay off after bathing head to toe and a bit of tub time.

• 4 weeks later...
He may or may not have a trade mark on the name "Exploding Frog Soaps". It wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone use the trade mark symbol without actually having a trade mark. You can't trade mark, copyright or patent an idea (bath bomb inside m&p soap) you can trademark and copyright your unique look, name, name of your product. Patents are for inventions, not ideas.

A patent can also be a special "process". Which in a way is an idea.

The TM symbol doesnt mean it is registered. Otherwise it should be the R with a circle around it.

Edited by Carriegsxr6

This person has the TM next to the frog on his listing yet this tutorial has been out for a while?

TM simply means that the persons says "it's mine all mine". Doesn't mean that it is.

When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®?

Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/Basic_Facts_Trademarks.jsp

for more, check out http://www.uspto.gov/faq/trademarks.jsp#Basic007