ky tart wax. new order looks different

dixiegal

I have a new box also and it is cloudy instead of clear.

Made about 100 clamshells with it so far and no difference in scent throw.

Made a tester with Peaks BNB and it filled my whole house with only 12 hours cure time. I do mix mine with 20% 464.

I just tried this wax too for the first time last night with tarts and I thought I did something wrong because I was suprised to see that it was cloudy. I will check the tarts tonight to see how they look, but they looked ok while cooling. It will be interesting to see how the HT is when they melt.

Jackie

Ky wax always varies for me, sometimes cloudy when melted, every once in a while I get an intense soy or cocoa butter smell or ripples on top of tarts etc. Scent throw never changes though and that's all I care about because I just make tarts with it. Even when it smelled strange to me once I put the FO in it smell went away. I've been pretty happy with KY and thrilled with their FO's.

Most of my customers just love my tarts. But recently and it seems like it all came from one batch of wax I purchased, I had several customers comment on a plasticky smell from my tarts with some of the scents.

I'm not sure what it is but I wish I knew.

I have noticed the batches being different.. I too worry about consistensy

I plan to try the candle source container blend I just saw a review on.

I am usually always happy with KY also -- but this last batch I received not only looked different -- it was very very fine -- but there is not much throw hot or cold. I have been doing this for 10 years - first time my tarts don't fill my house.

same oils so it must be the wax.

Made 300 more clamshells for another show next weekend and they are throwing great as usual. Filling the whole house with very little cure. Don't know if adding the 20% 464 is making a difference but I'm not having any issues with this batch other than it being cloudy when melted. If anything they are throwing even stronger.

Just ordered 4 more cases hoping for the same batch.

Now as for the Candle Source wax, tried it and will be sticking with KY.

I sell tons of clamshells and this wax blend has been great for me.

I'm not having any issues with this batch other than it being cloudy when melted. If anything they are throwing even stronger.

Just ordered 4 more cases hoping for the same batch.

Now as for the Candle Source wax, tried it and will be sticking with KY.

I sell tons of clamshells and this wax blend has been great for me.

ok, thanks for the info Kiger24. Makes me feel better about placing the order with KY. I still want to do a comparison since I've never done tarts before...just lots of candles.