Candles with Coffee Beans

Are you talking about making container candles? I made a container candle with a glass votive insert with coffee beans around it only problem is the coffee beans float to the top so I'm not sure how you would do it that way. You can make or purchase wax embeds in coffee bean shapes.

I'm pouring a 4"x4" round pillar today with coffeebeans using a hurricane insert & am going to fill the shell with container wax & wick it to just burn the container wax. I'll try to post a pic & let you know how it works later on this afternoon.

I am talking about the pillars. The info I was getting was using the hurricane wax, so i am on the right tack! Thanks for the info. I was wondering if you had to do it with an insert, meaning with a pillar and then the hurricane wax. It it very time consuming? I love the look. Some pictures would be awesome!

The only thing I find time consuming about doing luminaries or hurricane candles is waiting for the wax to set up enough to cut it and pour out the center wax. I hope to have a pic posted by around 5 this evening or some where around there.

I was trying to do a botanical one with dried apples & cinnamon sticks like Claire Burke's but that one isn't so easy getting the stuff placed in there :laugh2:but I'm going to try again. I think I need a smaller insert the one I have is 3 inches it's kind of tight for a 4"x4". I'll keep ya posted.

Oooops if you are just wanting them on the bottom that may be a problem like I said they float. You might try pouring a thin layer of wax first to kind of hold them in place on the bottom. I'm doing mine up the sides too.

Edited by ladysj

what about doing a layered candle? you can do the bottom with the beans in dark brown, a small stripe of an espresso where you insert the tabbed wick and then the top layer in a cafe au late/cream color. that way you dont hit the beans at the bottom. Im not sure if that the look your going for but thats what popped into my head when I read you title

Here is a picture of it lit. The only problem I see with these is them floating so I would try pouring a thin layer of paraffin over the beans first. If I had more wax I would try it but alas I'm out & too broke to buy more :laugh2:

coffeebeanlit.jpg

Edited by ladysj

You can buy "coffee bean" embeds that are made from wax. That way if they DO become warm, they simply melt.

I use real coffee beans in hurricanes or candles that are wicked to deliberately leave a shell. Because they are flammable, it's a good idea to be sure that they cannot become hot enough to ignite or float in the candle.