lesson learned

LRcandles

Just posting a experience that maybe someone might get a lesson from.

I had a warmer (brought from wally world) in living room on end table. Its been on for a couple of days with about half a cup of wax in it. Husband goes to work, I go to work, ...dog goes behind the coffee table. ( She never lays there). But..I come home, smell something funny,start looking around. Warmer is face down on carpet.carpet is scorched,warmer is melted.The wall and drapes took most of the wax. Thankfully my dog has long thick hair. She had wax all on oneside of her,just legs and side. I checked her out .No redness or burns. A little mad at me for cutting all her hair off now. Needed new carpet anyway. But lesson learned. NO warmer left on, ever. I dont need hate post..you cant say anything I havent said to myself. Just a reminder to not leave wax untended...(How many times have I put that on the underside of a jar???)

Edited by LRcandles

Serious but funny reminder for anyone with pets.

Something similar happened to a friend with her melter on the kitchen counter. Cat never gets up there (she thought) ... luckily she heard the crash ... and her floor is linoleum.

Glad it wasn't worse and I'm sure you are too!

I once left the house for what I thought was 5 mins. to pick up DH from work, I had the table set for a surprise romantic dinner with a candle labra (?sp) and about 10 other candles but ended up being gone more than 30 mins. Thank God it was only a ruined table cloth instead of a torched house!Duh, What was I thinking??

lesson learned, glad nothing to major tho...FYI you should spread the word to scentsy (or not lol) since the party I went to they focused on safe they were since they are warmers and you can leave them on while gone etc, I was thinking ya okay, i dont even keep the coffee pot on