464 Or 444(Which do you think throws better)

I really love reading your updates regarding your testing Eric. You are very methodical in your work it seems. The only way I am able to test for HT is to burn my candles one at a time, one per day. I evaluate the HT at the one hour mark, two hour mark, three and ect. I will usually always place the candles in the same area and see how far I can be away from it and still smell it. Of course, I make sure there are no drafts and a consistent temp ect. Great job so far.

Beans, About 165-170 I am doing the 75/25, 464/xcel I like it the best. 1tsp pp uv and that is it. Pouring at 110 or lower. Sometimes a little air bubble around the wick that I use the heat gun on very lightly.

Soy

Thanks Soy, I was heating to 185, add FO at 175 pour 150. Still need a HT test CT is pretty good.

Ok, the HT results. Unfortunately, puddy tat and I are the only testers. Ms. Puddy had no objection to any.

I don't have a clear winner but there is a clear LOOSER!

drum roll please........

Yup, my not so favorite, CB-135 is the absolute clear loser! The HT didn't throw more than a few feet.

The rest were not so clear as to what order i should put them in. None were even close to paraffin or palm throw.

I want to pick the 444 as the strongest. It filled the hallway and my sitting area at the computer desk. Both about 4 feet away. Not much further though.

The 464 was kinda OK in the hallway and faintly at the computer desk, so was the C3.

Unfortunately, I had to burn the C3 for two nights, last night and tonight. Last night I got distracted and made some containers so my nose was not the best. Tonight the C3 is about burned down and likely not very fragrant.

So, unfortunately, I can't place where C3 should go. I suspect it was pretty strong.

Some day maybe I'll do it again with better controls.

I have to say that the palm and paraffin sometimes are so strong I have to put them out. Not so with the soy.

Thank you so much for sharing your results. This thread has been very interesting indeed! I know what you mean about the paraffin and palm. When I burn those, it really does fill my entire house. When I burn soy, it usually doesn't throw further than the room the candle is in. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Its all about preference and what your looking for.

Thanks again Eric. This was a very enjoyable read.