Need some Fragrant Guru's Help

katcandlemaker

Ok, I am looking to make two candles for two different nonprofit organizations that help veterans. One is a therapeutic horse farm and the other is a Traumatic brain injury organization that helps caregivers of veterans.

I have looked ALL morning and just can't seem to think of anything that screams either one. The Dr that runs the TBI org likes Orange blossom scents but have never used it or anything with it in it, in soy. I am using 464 Golden. Any suggestions on Orange blossom or mix with it in it?

The horse farm has me stumped but don't want to do like hay, or grass...its need to be fresh, clean but something that a lot of people would order. The purpose is for me to donate 100% of the profits from both of these.

Any suggestions from you scented magicians and experts would be appreciated!!!

Check out Neroli from www.aromahaven.com. I've only used it in 6006; it's a very nice scent. In fact, here's the description from their website ...

A very true Mediterranean Orange Blossom. A true match to the very expensive Essential Oil, with a powerful throw. This fragrance fills the air with the aroma of exotic fresh flowers.

Some ideas for a horse farm that comes to my mind are ... cedar, leather, fresh air, woodlands, log cabin, campfire ... do a search for Aroma Haven/Rustic Essentials and you will probably get some insight on good "out-door" scents as well.

Eric, I was going to recommend the Redwood and Cedar from Bert's as well, great scent. But, when I looked at their website yesterday, I didn't see the FO. So, either they are out at the moment or discountinued. I hope just out.

Kat, Wellington has a nice FO called Neroli Cedar. You can definititely smell the Cedar, the Orange is very light. I've had a hard time finding an Orange Blossom that works well in 464. Always has the fuel smell to me. Had the best luck with the Orange Blossom from Candle Chem. Actully mixed it with a little Neroli Cedar. It's smells somewhat like Orange Blossom but not quite how I remember the smell of the flowers from Florida.

Winter Festival from Moonworks is a nice Pine, outdoor type of scent. My testers love it. That and Rocky Mountains from Elements. I'm in love with Patchouli Passion right now from Moonworks. I'm not overly fond of Patch, but she has this mixed with Orange Blossom and Sandalwood. Wonderful fragrance. Does great in 464.

HTH.

J

I get my Neroli Fragrance from Gemlite Fragrances it it the strongest fragrance that I know of and smells identical to the flower.

You can fill out the order form or go to the second page and call the 1-800 number the prices are so much cheaper since they are the manufacturers.

http://www.ipmiplc.com/gemlite/

Neroli $12.00 a pound

Barbara AL

Thanks all! I am just having a SUPER hard time...I so badly want to do this for them but for whatever reason, my brain is lacking in creativity! I have always had issues with orange anything in 464 so finally gave up on finding anything.

The Dr. that runs the non-profit is very soft, feminine and spunky...so wanted something she could relate to. When she told me she loved orange blossom and vanilla, I thought alright! BUT she also loves cleaner things too like fresh clean scents.

The horse farm am not sure I can sell cedar, straight pine, leather etc. I never have been able to sell any of this stuff like others do. My people usually go for the food, fresh laundry scents and some florals. It's like a no win situation. Plus, the horse farm is located in Odessa, FL so too much woodsy would not "be them"...if that makes any sense.

So I need a pretty clean scent, and a Florida Horse scent....AGGGH! I love doing this for people, but at the same time....feel like I let them down if its not perfect for them!

Snowdrift Farm has Fleurs D'Oranger Serge Lutens type, which is orange blossom and vanilla together.

My favorite Orange Blossom (straight up) is from Sweetcakes. Not sure how it works in wax, though... but for B&B it's great.

For the horse farm, how about Green Clover and Aloe? Smells clean and fresh, but not grassy.