How much lavender 40/42 eo in my soap

RWV

I've never used essential oils in soap (only in candles) and I usually use 3/4 to 1oz. fragrance oil per pound of M&P soap, but I've read to use less essential oil. How much of the lavender 40/42 should I use per pound of soap? Thanks everybody!!

can you tell me what the lavender 40/42 is? someone gave me some to try because the bulgarian is scarce this year, but im not sure how to describe it to people.

I've never used essential oils in soap (only in candles) and I usually use 3/4 to 1oz. fragrance oil per pound of M&P soap, but I've read to use less essential oil. How much of the lavender 40/42 should I use per pound of soap? Thanks everybody!!

can you tell me what the lavender 40/42 is? someone gave me some to try because the bulgarian is scarce this year, but im not sure how to describe it to people.

I've enclosed this information from the Camden-Grey website about their Lavender 40/42 eo from France:

"The numbers in Lavender 40/42 indicate the linalyl acetate content; in this case, they indicate the product contains 40%-42% of linalyl acetate. Lavender 40/42 is generally a blend of various lavenders in order to get a consistent scent from batch to batch, with processors adding linalyl acetate to cover the smell of camphor or borneol components of a given lavender.

Most soapers seem to prefer Lavender 40/42 because it smells the way they believe lavender should smell and it's fairly inexpensive......about half the price of other, more expensive lavenders."

I like it because it is consistently the same and to me, true-smelling (herbaceous and medicinal) from batch to batch. HTH