Do LX wicks look the same as CD wicks?

pixie

I came across some wicks in a bag that are marked LX's but to me they look just like my cd's. I dont really use lx's (i havent used them for over a year)so I cant remember what exactly they look like. Im thinking maybe I mismarked the bag. Anyone know if the two wicks look similar to each other?

I am loking at both wicks right now and they look nothing alike. The CD'd have the upside down chevron pattern with the darker thread, and the LX's have no pattern that I can see (with my naked eye). The LX's appear plain white, of course they have a somewhet thick wax coat. The CD's have a very thin transparent wax coating.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve

I have raw spools of CD's and LX's. Comparing the CD14 and the LX22 (which I think are pretty much equivalent)...

They are both flat braided wicks. The LX is "thinner" than the CD, but about the same width. The LX is white while the CD is off white with a brown thread in them. The LX has more fraying. The CD is slightly stiffer. The individual thread size and weave pattern seem pretty much the same for both.

For what ever reason, I have preferred the CD's to the LX's in my containers. I think the CD's just burn better.

I am priming both with only the wax in the container and no special wick primer or wick additive.

Edited by EricofAZ

I bought one of those large fishing tackle boxes that has about 5 drawers in it to store wicks. I label the outside of the drawer and all you have to do is pull out the drawer with the wick you need when you want it. Wicks from different suppliers do not always look alike. I have cd wicks that are the same size but look totally different in thickness. HTH.

Steve