question about measuring wax:FO

pixie

Just wondering, how does everyone measure their wax to FO ratio. For instance, if you want to use the ratio of 1.5oz of FO per lb of wax, do you measure out 14.5 oz of wax and add 1.5 oz of fo there by giving you 16 oz.

Or do you measure out 16 oz of wax and then add in 1.5 oz off FO, there by giving you 17.5 oz total?

I determine how much wax I need for a pour and then determine the amount of FO needed for the amount of wax. Then I subtract the amount of FO from the wax and mix. Ok here it is in plain terms: If I need 16 ozs of wax for a container pour and want to use the standard 1 oz FO to 1 pound wax, then I use 15 ozs of wax and 1 oz of FO. Equals 16 ozs needed for the pour. There is a little FO that flashes out of the mix, but not enough to mess anything up.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve

You may also want to look at it as percentage. Lets use nice round numbers cause I don't feel like doing math, LOL. If you need 100 ozs of wax at a 5% FO load, you would add 5 ozs to 95 ozs wax to get 100 ozs total. Gives you 5% FO load. If you added 5 ozs to 100 ozs of wax, you would get 4.8%. Not a huge difference, but a difference.

Cheers,

Steve