tart/clamshell?

Gdawg

reading through all this wonderful info and want to make sure I am understanding things right.

The clamshells are in a package unit that you pour right into and then once set shut the lid and keep as one unit

then there are tarts that you can make in molds like mini cupcake looking tins similar looking that you pop out and then re package in what a basket or fancy bags?

Is there a big price difference between the two for selling and profit?

And last is the wax the same for a clamshell in a unit pack or a tart that you can pop out of a mold? I guess all the clamshell wax that I have been seeing/researching on this forum is like candlesource, CBL129, IGI4786 ect so could one use these types of waxes for the "pop out" tart?

I feel like I am starting all over again lol haven't been here for a long time and am so greatful for the wealth of information that is here!

Yes you have it right. Also you can get the portion cups these sell the best for me customers really like these and they are easy to pour and package, kind of like a clamshell.

Clamshells don't sell that well for me. And they are pricy for the clamshells

I dont know about the wax your talking about I use KY Tart Wax for all both cups even in shaped molds ie candy or hearts, and also for clamshells. It works great with all types.

Thank you Retro! I haven't bought any wax yet just researching before I purchase everything for it, it just sounds to easy so am scratching my head as to why I never did this before the whole wax and wick candle thing lol and want to make sure i am not over looking something since it seems simple

I don't think Candle making is that simple, I haven't ventured into that yet

because I am so busy and I hear it takes alot of testing to really get a good candle. But Tarts are pretty simple I'd say

You still need to test your scents and make sure they throw but there is no worrying about wicks and melt pools etc....

I do plan to get myself a begginners candle kit from www.peaks.com sometime when i do have the free time to play around, just because I'd like to make some for myself and friends. I've heard they have good beginner kits. They also have good oils.

Wish you the best of luck :)

I agree candle making is not simple and alot of science as to what wick to the jar to amount of FO etc lol been doing that for awhile now so I thought I would tarts/clamshells. I know I still need to to test the wax to the FO on the warmer ect but sounds like I was making it harder then what it needs to be so thank you for your insight to my questions