help with a thick fragrance oil- chocolate

Hi Everyone,

Can you help with a mixing problem I am having? I am testing 4 different chocolate fo's from different suppliers. I am using a parasoy preblend at 6% but 2 of the chocolates are just sinking to the bottom of my pour pot and beading up(no matter how long I mix). I am putting the fo into the melted wax @ 170 degrees and I have even slightly warmed the fo. What am I doing wrong? Any tips? Thank You

First make sure the oil is made for candles. There are some oils I've tried that won't incorporate unless the wax is 190 degrees.

I'd recommend bumping up the temperature in 5 degree increments ... I wouldn't go above 190. And be aware of the oil flash points. It usually doesn't matter if you pour an oil with a low flash point into hot wax - but if it comes in contact with another ignition source you may have a problem. HTH

the worst non mixer is Bert's, which is totally terrible because it's the best smelling chocolate I have EVER had.:sad2: I have even dropped the fo load to 4 % and it just looks like I'm trying to mix oil and vinegar together. Bert told me to add the fo to the wax when the wax cooled down, but that did not work either. I also tried warming the oil slightly and adding it to a hotter wax, but nothing. I have tried CS choc fudge and it's just so so and right now I am testing Peak and it's pretty good but none of them have that rich choc scent of Bert's. Any more suggestions on a RICH knock your socks off Chocolate???? Thanks evereyone

I had this problem with another thick scent; candy-corn from Lone Star. It was dark orange and sank right to the bottom, even while i was stirring. then it stuck there like glue. Ruined the wax and nearly ruined the pour pot.

I know I didn't use too much FO, because there were only a few drops in the wax when the problem started. The wax was at about 185. The pot was still in the double-boiler, so it's possible that the bottom was hotter than 185. Either that, or it was bad FO. I would like to think that I didn't do anything wrong :)