newbie pouring help

beans

If your pouring multiple jars lets use 4. By the time you get to pour jar 3 and 4 the wax temp could drop ten or more degrees from your pour temp. Im going from one to the other without stoping but before i get to the third one should I reheat it to return to my pour temp??? Im assuming as the wax pours out the pouring pot and back down as you go from one to the other thats when the greatest heat lose occurs. Using soy wax GB464.

I use a single heating element to set my pour pot on with an oven thermometer (long silver cord) to monitor the temp. Others people use griddles or other similar types of heating elements to keep their wax at a constant temp. The wax I use (70/30 soy) doesn't adhere well to the jar as it gets cooler. HTH.

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

My pouring pots hold 6 lbs. of wax and I can pour it all at the right temp to avoid frosting issues before it sets up and that includes into 8 oz containers, not just larger jars. Check and make sure you are not letting it cool down too much, in my experience it only has to start to get floaters on it before it can be poured - I stopped using thermometers for that many years ago, you will know - by the top of the pouring pot when it's time. Also some FO will accelerate the viscocity of the wax just like it does to soap, and so if you go by temperature alone you will be pouring pancake batter!