Tarts smelling plasticy??

RetroMetroChic

Most of my customers love my tarts I am using KY Parasoy blend, but I have had a few customers say they smelled kind of plasticy. I am trying to determine is this my ky tart wax blend or my Fragrance oils?

I used a different blend from ky when she was out of the granule para-soy this blend had more soy I think, it had less dempling and when I burned them I found them to be more subtle but my Mom who is sensitive to tarts said she loved these as they seemed to burn cleaner than the ky parasoy blend.

I guess I'm asking does paraffin give a plasticy scent to wax? Or is just this blend, dont' get me wrong I love KY Blend so do most of my customers but I'm trying to understand why a few have commented on this plasticy smell.

I use oils from Peaks, DS, ICS, Backwoods, AH/RE, and lots of KY oils

so I'm just stumped is it my oils or is it the tart wax blend. If I added more soy to the blend would that help with giving a less plasticy smell.

I do notice some oils being lets say kind of plasticy and fake smelling to me aka almost all strawberries some lemons, could it just be certain oils.

Oh by the way these are in the mini foil tart cups so its not from plastic clamshells.

Thanks for any info, help or advice

I use KY's tart/votive blend for tarts but add 20% soy to mine..helps the dimple look. Use oils from NG, AH/RE and other companies and don't notice a plastic type smell. Also use the foil cupcake liners. Maybe add the extra soy? Not sure..never had this experience except when it was a particular fo I didn't like. Guess I'm not much help on this...sorry.

ya know i hate to say this but i'm having the same problem with this wax. i've been using it since it came out & the last couple of boxes it just don't seem right to me. i got a new warmer from JS's and been thinking maybe the watt's on this is higher than my other one and is burning the scent off to fast. i'm not sure what the wattage is on this one. i just know my tarts aren't lasting as long & they smell waxy. was beginning to think it was just me.