Wicking bees wax

For my 3" beeswax pillars I use a #2 or #3 square braid, depending on whether I scent them or not. Since all beeswax is not the same.....these suggestions will at least give you a place to start. In my unscented beeswax votives I use an LX14. For my tapers I use a 2/0 square braid. Have fun and good luck!! :cool2:

I would search the boards here for types of molds to use for BW. I've never used it, but have read where others have gotten their BW candles stuck in certain metal molds.

The best way to get beeswax out of metal molds is to pour your wax into the molds at around 157 degrees. If your wax is to hot, it's gonna stick, trust me!!! I let it cure around 1/2 hour then stick them in the freezer. I've never had a stuck beeswax pillar since. :smiley2:

I've had just the opposite results! Though I never poured that cool - I'll have to try it. I usually pour at ~190 because it seems to make the wax shrink more (BW doesn't shrink much in first place) so it releases from the mold easier.

celicagtca, have you found any place that has smooth WHITE BW sheets btw?

Thanks for the post.