FO Reviews: LS, SGS, & Peaks

beau's mama

It seemed that everybody had a sale when I finally had some money :yay: So, I treated my soaping oils to some new fo's.

OK, I'll make this short and sweet...

Everything was CP'd RT (which basically means cold LOL) @ .7

Lone Star - Spruce Orchid

The oil itself behaved well, but LS should warn folks that it is a really weird yellow! My whole batch almost looked like sunshine w/ gold undertones. 3 days later it's mellowed out to a sorta tannish color, but there's some weeping going on that I have never, ever experienced w/ any oil before. This is supposed to be a masculine, but I aint smelling nothing manly about it :mad: I love floral scents, but this is too much for me...almost like a sweet flower smell. Unless that "light woody background" jumps out in the next month or so, I'm gonna have to give it to the chicks!

Peaks - Black Canyon

As usual, Peaks does what Peaks does: Turn out kick-butt oils! No A, but this looks like it's going to end up a dark tan. The smell is incredible. Definitely man-manly. I smell undertones of Oakmoss, but that could be the sandalwood/patch mix. Whatever it is, this is definitely a keeper.

Peaks - Twilight Woods

No A or D. This is a little sweeter smelling than I wanted. I don't know what the original smells like, so I can't compare

SGS - OMH

This OMH is OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I have never, ever, ever liked OMH from anywhere b/c it was always either too oaty, too almondy, too honeyish, or too milky smelling LOL. The only thing thats wrong w/ this OMH is that it's too darn good. It really smells exotic to me. I could go on forever. Oh, no A, but of course it's gonna darken up on ya. If you soap this, just get a chair & sit w/ the soap so you can smell it while its sapping. It'll be easier than going back & forth all day like I did:laugh2:

I'm gonna keep updating this as I soap. I have more from these suppliers. Definitely will be ordering more from SGS...I have Bacci de Miele (sp?) and Sandalwood Ylang that's screaming to be put in some soap this weekend. If these 3 are any indication of the quality of fo's they carry, then I better plan on being broke well before Thanksgiving!

Where have you been?!!!:waiting: Glad to see you posting again.

I love SGS scents. Their OMH is the best! It's one of the FOs from Old Mill. If you like that one you gotta try their Bache de Miele (also from Old Mill). Its the best honey FO I have found and it rocks in BB. Sorry I don't do CP but it is divine in M&P, body butters, lotions, etc.

LOL!! OK so I think some of Lonestar's FOs morph and maybe that happened to you on the Spruce.

I think you'll find you will like a lot of what SGS has in soap ... just saying get ready to spend. Want to see what your thoughts are on Bacci or whatever that one is. It tempts every time I order, but I still don't put it in the basket and just get it over with already.