Scrubby layers

flutterbees

So I've been trying my hand at m & P and decided that I wanted to make a multi-purpose layer soap. I imagined it to have a moisturizing layer, a scrubby layer, a foaming layer, etc, etc. I tried to over saturate the scrubby layer with sugar so that you could feel the grains, but they eventually smooth over. any suggestions for the scrubby layer? Walnut shell? Jojoba spheres? I dunno. Waiting for all you brilliant soap geniuses to chime in.:)

I like ground oats for scrubbiness--and it just so happens that I can never get the little buggers to suspend properly in MP....so one side of the bar would be the scrubby side! LOL

Asheebeans - Haha! Mine do the same thing. I just embrace it and tell my customers one side is scrubby and the other creamy lather. They love my OMH soaps and I always sell out each weekend at the farmers market.

Flutterbees - I like the idea of different layers and good luck with that. However I think you want to incorporate moisturizing and lather in each layer and use the layering idea for your exfoliation/scrubby, colors, textures, chunks, etc.

I've played around with sugar in MP a few times, and I had pretty good luck with it staying scrubby. It's not super scratchy, but definitely had some scrub to it. I've used just plain white sugar, and raw sugar too. The raw sugar is a bit more scratchy tho.

I just poured sugar into the mold about 1/4 of the way then poured the warm soap on top.

Pumice is really nice too for a foot bar.