CP Soap Molds (recommendations plz)

maryann

I am really liking the crafter's choice soap log mold. I make 2 pound batches. I can get 7 good sized bars and a few samples from it. They pop right out, clean up well and off to the next batch, and the next batch,.....................hee,hee.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc160/bwob66/patchoulisoapbatch-1.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc160/bwob66/Lovespellsoapbars-1.gif

:yay:

I still love my Uplands best! I've got a log, slabbie & the round one too. I have a Kelsie, which is cool as he##, but the bars are too small for my liking. :sad2: I'm still hanging onto that mold though, with the grip of a PMS'ing woman onto a chocolate bar! hahaha I love how the soap just slides right out of it and I loooove the swirlies I can get with it. :)

Thanks for all the input. I ordered another Dr Do Right mold - $75 and I think my bars will be too small for my liking..... but we'll see. I'm off to check out everyone's recommendations, probably will be sorry I didn't wait and order from one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for new larger molds. What are Mr. Do Right's molds made of? It looks like HDPE plastic.

Has anyone made their own molds out of silicon? I'm wondering if there is a silicon sheeting material (kinda like ply wood sheets) that is rigid enough to bolt together like the Mr. Do Right molds.