What' in your soap pot this weekend?

LovelyLathers

Since it is a long weekend I am hoping to get lots made. I need to restock mostly my unscented soaps. I am also working on Fall and Holiday soaps. I need to make patchouli soap my least favorite! Hopefully the peppermint aoap will overpower the patch, I also have 15 lbs of suet to render. I am so glad it is a long weekend!

I'm not quite sure exactly what I will soap, but I want to do a couple of batches. It helps me relax and all week long I do for everyone else, so the weekend I like to do for me! I just have to find time between getting new tires on jeep, cutting grass and washing 2 big labrador retrievers (that don't like baths). Should be a breeze! Everyone have a safe and relaxed labor day weekend. Happy soaping.

Ooo, I was thinking of doing an unscented CP, and maybe something Christmas-y or Fall-ish HP. I made a Chai Tea a few days ago and it really put me in the mood for more Fall scents! :)

I also think I want to make some lip balms this weekend. Mmm, I love lip balm!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Noodle, I use powdered buttermilk and it seems every time I do it seizes on me. I am sure you must use regular buttermilk, do you freeze it until it is slush? Do you have any trouble with it when you do a discount? Thanks

Honestly, I would quit using the powdered buttermilk. I am sure that many have had success with it, but I think it is a pain. Like you, I have had problems. I do freeze the buttermilk. I make "buttermilk ice cubes". I never have problems this way.

Thanks for the info Noodle. I was hoping it was not just me. I am going to try it tomorrow with freezing it in cubes.

Kitn I hate making 70 to 80 a day, I would never do 250 in a day. That would be the worst punishment I could have, I hate making them.

today I made 8 lbs of Frankincense and Myrrh goats milk . 8 lbs goat's milk, shea, oatmeal unscented. 8 lbs pine tar.

Thanks for the info Noodle. I was hoping it was not just me. I am going to try it tomorrow with freezing it in cubes.

I hope it turns out good for you! Would love to hear how it went.

For me the cubes work great. I only use powdered buttermilk in MP these days.

LOL! Well it's Rob they go after, but I have just run out of gumption to do Polar Express (not sure I have enough anyway) and have done my two cranberry scents, but want to do cinnamon, apple, peach ... just don't know if it will brown and maybe I missed that on the forum w/ all the notes. I need to have Apple Jack done too. (But see I've been playing in wax instead lol)