Jody's Soap & Creations

Travkeeper

I am looking to place a lg. order (large for me anyway)... I have come across there website and was looking for advice about ordering....

Is there order time close???

Shipping reasonable???

Are they worth dealing with???

Pro's & Cons????

Any info will help....

Thank You, Travis

Kaden's Candle Co.

I am sure that many have had good exepriences with this supplier, but I have not. I have a "3 strikes and your out" policy when I buy from a supplier.

All three of my transactions with Jody have been awful. My packaging arrived with scratches all over the bottles and they stunk of cigarette smoke. She is a slow shipper too. My last transaction with her resulted in her sending me the WRONG bottles. I filed a paypal claim and lost. All that paypal cared about was that I received SOMETHING. There was a delivery confirmation number that showed my package had been delivered. That was good enough for paypal evidently. I ended up with bottles in a strange color that I had no use for.

Now you may ask, why did I go back three times? Well, I spaced these transactions over four years HOPING against hope that she had improved. She has a lot of nice stuff on her site. The reality is a different story though. My final purchase from her was a few months ago. NEVER NEVER AGAIN.

I was hoping not to read any of that.... they have really good price's on bears.... They are $2.75 each... I'm paying $6.00 each some were else... I guess I will keep looking...

Thank You,

Travis

Edited by Travkeeper
checked price again...

I have never had a problem with her either but after reading the problems everyone was having with her I have not ordered from her in 1 1/2 years. I refuse to deal with poor suppliers. If you do a search here you will come up with all the threads about her poor service and quality people have received.

I order a lot of colored lids from her since she has what I want at a good price. No problems.

In fact my last order had 100 dispenser lids rather than the flip top lids. I emailed and she responded and sent out the correct lids the next day without any added expense.

I have been buying from her for 4 years and this was the first mixup and it was taken care of immediately.

And yes, I know some will feel I have just been lucky.

Edited by adillenal

I order a lot of colored lids from her since she has what I want at a good price. No problems.

In fact my last order had 100 dispenser lids rather than the flip top lids. I emailed and she responded and sent out the correct lids the next day without any added expense.

I have been buying from her for 4 years and this was the first mixup and it was taken care of immediately.

And yes, I know some will feel I have just been lucky.

I don't think that you have been lucky. I think that I have been unlucky. Honestly, I do not think that my three orders mattered to her. In fact, on the comments area of the paypal claim, Jody made a comment that my last order was from two years ago. She pretty much said that I was not a frequent customer. I have no idea what that had to do with anything.

I do not know why she behaves the way that she does. Not only did she ignore my emails after I had immediately contacted her about the goof, but I had to take her mistake to paypal and ultimately lose. Everything that I have received was in poor condition or took forever for me to receive.

I am glad that you receive good products and service from her. I would hate to think that Jody's could operate like this and screw over everyone.

I would feel the same with filth Carebear. My first two orders took a very long time to receive and smelled of smoke, but they arrived. My last order was completely wrong and the bottles were all scratched. Nothing was dirty though or had pet hairs. I replied to a thread here about my poor experience with Jody's a while back, and STILL gave her another chance. Serves me right I guess. NEVER NEVER AGAIN.

You know Travis, this is the problem. Jody has hard-to-find items. This is why I went back a couple of times hoping that things had improved. I really wanted those hard-to=find bottles. But, it honestly is a crap shoot to order from Jody. Some are lucky. Some are not. I am not sure why this is the case. Perhaps it has something to do with the items purchased.

What exactly are you looking for?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PassionSunKiss

I've ordered from her twice and two days after I placed my order I wanted to add a couple items to it. I simply emailed her, got no response from her, but they showed up with my order. It takes her about 2-3 days to get the orders out. Since I got what I at least ordered I placed an order for 50 jar lids on 8/25. I emailed her on 9/15 asking her where my package was, she forwarded me the UPS tracking information and apparently it was delivered on 8/31 and left on my apartment doorstep. I NEVER get things shipped there because of theft. I just checked to make sure it wasn't my fault that I put the shipping address my apartment address and sure enough, the shipping address is my work address. So now I'm in the process of emailing her letting her know she shipped it to the wrong address, UPS left it on my doorstep and my goods have been stolen. I'm frustrated and annoyed :sad2:. Hopefully she'll either refund me my money or reship the items at her cost. Wish me luck!

I've ordered from her twice and two days after I placed my order I wanted to add a couple items to it. I simply emailed her, got no response from her, but they showed up with my order. It takes her about 2-3 days to get the orders out. Since I got what I at least ordered I placed an order for 50 jar lids on 8/25. I emailed her on 9/15 asking her where my package was, she forwarded me the UPS tracking information and apparently it was delivered on 8/31 and left on my apartment doorstep. I NEVER get things shipped there because of theft. I just checked to make sure it wasn't my fault that I put the shipping address my apartment address and sure enough, the shipping address is my work address. So now I'm in the process of emailing her letting her know she shipped it to the wrong address, UPS left it on my doorstep and my goods have been stolen. I'm frustrated and annoyed :sad2:. Hopefully she'll either refund me my money or reship the items at her cost. Wish me luck!

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck with this.

That sucks - what a pain, and I hope you get refunded! How did she get that address?

CareBear, I don't know for sure, but she may have used her apartment address as the "billing" address, and the "shipping" address is her work place. I always have products shipped to one of my husband's stores. This way I get a reduced commercial shipping rate. However, I put my home address as the billing address.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PassionSunKiss

CareBear and Noodle, I did put my apartment address as the billing address and my shipping is my work address mainly to prevent theft and because I'm here all the time. I contacted her on the 17th and still have yet to hear anything from her.

CareBear and Noodle, I did put my apartment address as the billing address and my shipping is my work address mainly to prevent theft and because I'm here all the time. I contacted her on the 17th and still have yet to hear anything from her.

Well then that should have been clear enough! I'm sorry you have to deal with this/ :(

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to share my experience...I have ordered 2 times and once was a small order, an today I received my 2nd larger order a case (351) tottle bottles w/ a specific lid that I asked for in the the special instructions. I'll admit after reading this thread I was concerned how this would go, since I had special instructions. Both orders arrived with no problems and very quickly. I have had issues with other vendors that others members just love. I think it is the luck of the the draw in a lot of instances. If a supplier has something you really want go for it. I am just sharing my experience, it was a good.