Lavender Buds, Poopie and Question...

lovemylabs

We had made up a few batches of bath salts about 2-3 weeks ago and yes, we put lavender buds in the lavender bath salts. (This was before I found this board) Well, I came across the posts about them turning brown in the jar and looking like mouse poopie in the tub. So...I went to the shelf and pulled down the lavender salts....yep....mouse poopie. So...last night decided to use my new salts anyway, along with my sugar scrub cubes and body butter. Yep....mouse poopie in the tub! YUCK!!! That is just so nasty. SO....is there a difference in the type of lavender buds we can buy. I mean, is this what we can expect from lavender buds in any products we make, or is there a difference in quality? I thought i saw a post from someone that said the buds they used did not turn brown. (Did a search but couldn't find it). I use these buds in bath teas and would like to use them in other products but don't want them to turn brown. Anyone have success with these and where did you get them. I got mine from WSP.

Nope. Been doing this for years and always get mouse turds. What I started doing was putting my lavender buds in a small chopper and turning them into a lavender dust then mixing that into my bath salts.

Poop dust....always better that a full sized turd....:laugh2:(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Simplybeelightful...You answered one of my next questions...which was going to be "Does it react this way in other b&b products?"...so thank you for your input. And to Faerywren....Thanks for the tip...I never thought about blending the lavender buds to the point of becoming a fine dust. Perfect idea! Poop Dust....:laugh2: Hmmmm guess I should probably keep that off the ingredients label!! Thanks guys!!

I would love to see this work. Don't know if anyone saw the adorable recipe on WSP website (I think that's the right one)...but it was a multi-layered/colors bar of mp soap, done with lavender fo and on the very top, layered with lavender buds. It looked beautiful...anyone tried this with success? If not...I may just do a rosebud version. Hopefully with success.

(BTW...I did put them in MP and yes...they turned brown)