Dipped tapers

old school. anyone do them? any tips?

PS anyone know where to get a tall (12 inch or taller) narrow can or pot for dipping tapers? I googled but I must be searching for the wrong thing because I'm getting nowhere. I built myself a little setup to be able to dip four at a time, thats about where I stopped, because I realized none of my pour pots are tall enough to dip.

I want to try twisting them, too... anyone do that?

editing to add: I searched and found a few old threads but they are at least 3 years old...

Edited by LuminousBoutique

Candlewic used to have the best price on dipping vats. I personally hated the mess and time it took to dip tapers and use silicone molds now......much easier and faster!!

Not sure, but I think it was Bruce (BruceCarvesWax) used to twist tapers, try to check under his name and see what comes up.

I saw that when I searched, beautiful!

thanks for the links everyone!

Candlewic used to have the best price on dipping vats. I personally hated the mess and time it took to dip tapers and use silicone molds now......much easier and faster!!

Not sure, but I think it was Bruce (BruceCarvesWax) used to twist tapers, try to check under his name and see what comes up.