Trouble with tea lights

I just poured 2 different batches of tea lights and the first batch I used 2 oz frag(by mistake,meant to use 1 oz)and ended up using 3 color blocks to get my desired color.That batch has a lot of frosting on it.The second batch I used 1/2 frag(it was a strong one) and 1 1/2 color block.I poured them both at 170*.The 2nd batch looks and smells fantastic.So,do you think the frosting on the first batch is caused by too much color?They are 100% soy btw. I havn't burned them yet,so I don't know how well they do.Also,is there a way to fix the frosting on the ones?Does anyone know if I remelt them and let them set up again if that will help the frosting or if they'll just set up the same?Thanks in advance.:)

Did you say the first batch had higher FO content? I would think that to be the culprit. I've over dyed this stuff without any problems. Pigment is a different story. But the FO does seem to be a bit of a concern if it was not a good quality one or too much used.

I have an idea from the amount of dye you are using that is probably what is causing the frosting. Also, did you test the FO first without any dye? Before you throw everything together in your wax you should be testing each additive individually. That way you will know for sure.