Drop Ship Option

bah67

One of our wholesale accounts has asked if we would be interested in drop shipping our candles. What I am wondering is what is a good price to charge the retailer for drop shipping.

Also I would like to get feedback from those who do give their wholesalers an option for drop shipping.

That's what I was wondering. But do you charge the wholesaler more for the handling of the product? Say if you charge them $6 for a candle at wholesale, do you then charge them $8 or more to do drop shipping?

I am kind of on the fence about this, we have our on-line store launching in mid-September and we want to get all the bugs worked out with our e-commerce before venturing into drop shipping.

I have looked into drop shipped products in the past, and most places do pretty much what you are saying. They would normally wholesale a product for $6, but they would then charge a "drop ship fee" of $2 per item, so yes, they would then charge $8 for what they normally sell for $6. And don't forget about shipping charges, they can sometimes price you out of the market that you're competing.