What soaps are you making this weekend?

LovelyLathers

I haven't soaped since my accident in May and am looking forward to just making some basic bars of EVOO soap.

I had no iea that I was so low on stock as I hadn't been to the markets or anything for a while until last week and then kapow - couldn't fill an order last week!

:(

So...... bread and butter lines first before playtime........ for this gal anyway.

Happy soaping everyone!

Well ... now that there are no people here and maybe after I get back from a fair, I might be able to get something done.

Need to get our fall/winter scents going before I get killed by my partner.

Looking at cranberry and pumpkin stuff, but really would like something different too ... any suggestions?

I didn't get anything made today :sad2:. But I shouldn't complain, the store was too busy this afternoon and had the farmers market this morning. I did manage to get my front window changed snd it does look so pretty. Tomorrow I will buckle down!!

Scented I did a mix yesterday of Cranberry spice and Candy corn because I didn't have enough of them to make a batch. I love it!! I also had a little of Autumn Harvest and pumpkin and mixed them It is really nice. More of a pumpkin/ spicy vanilla to my nose but it is not that great.

Sue.... cranberry spice and candy corn sounds lovely! If you want to share your blend, you can post it here if you would like:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92714

Another sandalwood blend you might like is 50/50 coconut and sandalwood. I used DS Coconut Soapsilly version (straight coconut) and CS Antique Sandalwood. I have this blend sitting in the shop marinating and it smells gorgeous. Doesn't smell too summery at all to me, and could surely pass as a different kind of Fall scent.

I actually got to make two batches tonight. One is just a basic unscented bastille that was running very low on stock. The other is a remake of a chocolate/coffee soap I tried in the spring. I wasn't happy with the scent, so this time, I added more!! It's scented and colored with cocoa powder and ground coffee beans. that's it. looked just like chocolate pudding. Actually smelled decent at pour! I piped some plain white that I held out, on top- like whipped cream- and added "chocolate shavings" from a grated bar of the original attempt.

Can't wait to unmold!! It's in the fridge now- trying to avoid gel. We'll see.

:)