j50 second pour

I was just wondering if anyone else does a second pour on container candles with the j50. I use a 8 oz. jelly and 16 oz. salsa jar and I get a little shrinkage. Is this the norm? Should I even waste the time on the second pour since it's not that much.

J50 was Astorlites answer to J223. The J50 was designed to be a true one pour wax with all the benefits of the J223. J223 was supposed to be a single pour wax but it does often require a second pour as the larger your candle the deeper the sinkhole around the wick. The J223 has a slightly higher scent throw than the J50 but both have excellent H&C throws. Both are also preblended parrafin waxes so no need for any additives.

Astrolite also has a superwax called J225. It can hold up to 1 1/2 oz of FO per lb and is supposed to have the best adhesion so no wet spots. But for the extra price I was unimpressed as you can get excellent throw with either the J50 or the J223 and if you throw in a bit of soy no more wet spots.

Edited by Candybee

I was just wondering if anyone else does a second pour on container candles with the j50. I use a 8 oz. jelly and 16 oz. salsa jar and I get a little shrinkage. Is this the norm? Should I even waste the time on the second pour since it's not that much.

I have used J50 for years (9+) and have always had to do a repour.