Wicks coming out of the tab

I recently ordered 1000 CD-12 wicks from Candlewic. I choose the high melt point wax coating and the 20x6MM tabs. Well today I go to use some of them. I poured about 40 candles. Of that 40, 35 of them came out of their tab while putting on my wick centering device. Now I might expect this if I had really tugged on them hard but I didn't. Has anyone else had this problem before?

That is one reason I do not order from them anymore. When I had called them about the cd3 wicks they did not do anything for me. Now I order right from the place where they make the cd wicks.

Islandgirl I've emailed them but unfortunately it was already after their customer service hours. Hopefully I will hear back from them in the morning. Mtt that is discouraging to hear they would not fix the problem for you when it's obvious a problem on their end.

Going2Adopt - Good to hear you let them know..

I personally have ordered thousands of wicks from Candlewic for years now, and never experienced any problems at all. :thumbsup: (Thank God)

I will check the new ones I got from them to make sure mine are ok.

Their crimping machine may just need to be adjusted a bit, and if you let them know, I am sure they will fix it. :) Keep us posted.

Edited by islandgirl

I get all my wicks from Candlewic. I've only had this problem once, with HTP 31's. I emailed, and they promptly replaced the wicks.

I don't finely tuned and able to sense the differences but giving this a try would help, make sure you use a wick that has a metal tab. Place this into your mold with the metal tab in the center of the mold.

?? No comprende!

Edited by SliverOfWax

Well I am happy to report that Candlewic is sending me replacements for these wicks. I am also sending them a sample of the faulty wicks so they can determine what might have gone wrong. I must say I am very happy with their customer service and won't hesitate to order more wicks from them in the future.

That is one reason I do not order from them anymore. When I had called them about the cd3 wicks they did not do anything for me. Now I order right from the place where they make the cd wicks.

Were would that be? I use to order from a guy in New York, when CD's first came out. Don't know why I quit?:confused: Been using CD's for about 7 or 8 years.