Perfume using oils

maryann

I would like to make some roller perfumes using oil. What oils do people suggest (I need a few differ kinds as I'm running low on oils thanks to my whipped shea obsession :P).

Also do I add anything else besides the oil and fo (like a preservative?) If not how long will this perfume last? TIA :)

I found this on MMS using Vodka

http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recipes.php3?.State=Display&id=140

And, I just read fco, jojoba, and grapeseed oil are used mostly. Here is a rule of thumb 1/3 FO to 2/3 carrier oils. I also read to start out with maybe a 25%fo and 75%carrier oil and increase till you get the right amount. Each fo is different some are stronger oob so that could make a difference on how much is used.

Thanks for the info everyone :)

Macy I didn't want to bother you w/ more questions so thanks for responding to this thread as well. Vit E to a great idea as it can act somewhat as a preservative.

Trejen I have cyclo and have yet to use it. I have worked w/ sweet almond oil could you compare the two? Is cyclo oilier/drier? does it need a preservative/, etc. TIA :)

I make body sprays with cyclo and I would say it is not really oily but when you spray it on you can tell it went on but it dissipate's quickly but is moisturizing. SAO is definitely going to be noticeably oily. Go test your cyclo, pour a little out and feel it, it's nice. You can also use alkly esters if you want something that is not silicone and more natrual.

I use straight cosmetic grade FO.

I haven't had one issue with skin irritations, and I have sold 100's of these.

The cyclo works very well too, but in the roller balls the straight FO is not only very strong it sells like wildfire. I corresponded with a master perfumist about this and he was the one that advised me this is completely safe. Only cosmetic grade FO should be used straight on the skin. Not BODY safe FO, its much too harsh.