Getting soap out of a Kelsei...

I bought the mini mold and it is perfect for my needs but my first batch in it stuck like super glue. I waited 24 hours. No chance it was coming out. Put it in the freezer. NO GO. Finally did get the dividers out and waited awhile longer. NOPE...Ended up scraping it off the bottom piece. My soap looks kinda blech as a result.

So do I need to spray the mold with something? I did order some sodium lactate as I know that aids in mold release but til then...or if I don't want to use the sodium lactate...then what?

I don't have your exact mold but I'll tell you what I do. I use mineral oil on the inside of the mold and brush it on with a brush. I've started using SL recently but didn't for a long time and I'm impatient with unmolding so found mineral oil worked well.

Someone said (can't remember where I read it) that you can use cooking spray but I think this would saponify with the soap.

I've never treated any of my Kelsies and never had a problem. I just line the bottom with saran wrap and when the soap is ready to unmold, I pull the bottom off first, then the dividers. Sometimes if the soap is not ready to be unmolded, it will stick to the dividers but the saran wrap keeps it from sticking to the bottom.

I rarely have a sticking problem if I cpop. Milk soaps are the worst to stick if the formula makes a soft soap. My last batch of a new recipe was flawless without any prep at all. The bars are perfect. I use a formula of 11 oz oils per pound and formulate for 33 oz in my 9 bar Kelsei. Each bar is 5 oz and of a size that is easy to handle. HTH

Steve