Overfilled my Kelsei....

asheebeans

How in the he## am I going to get these bars out?? Next time I think I will calculate before I assume. I have the 18 bar and stupidly did a 7lb recipe because I was anxious to kick the tires on my new mold. (I'm ashamed to admit, I even have the notes from the Ohio Soaper's Gathering on calculating volume of a mold!! :embarasse) Amazingly, the whole thing stayed in the dividers! I had to flip a box upside down over it to make a "lid" because the tops are overflowing!! LOL It's going to get interesting later......

:shocked2:

18 bar Kelsie takes approximately 60oz of oils.

That depends though on your water discount, additional additives, and your cured bar size.

I made salt bars once in my 18 bar Kelsie and didn't account for the salt.

They were interesting to remove.

But I did let them harden ALOT before I even attempted.

Since it was a new mold, did you happen to grease it with a bit of mineral oil first?

Good Luck!!!

Is this not the funniest thing?!? I don't know how it didn't morph into a giant blob. Hey, on a positive note, I got some pretty swirlies! LOL This is my Lavender-Chammy swirl done with Pop colors. I haven't even tried to unmold the bars yet. I think I'll be waiting a week or so.....

kelseitoofull.jpg

Once it firms up, you are going to have to trim the excess off the tops (around the edges)

Then take a SS putty knife and literally cut out each bar. Meaning go around each side of each bar with the dividers still in place.

Once you do that, you SHOULD be able to get the Rectangular part of the mold off.

Then just slide something flat under each bar and take them off the slab.

Once you get enough of them off, you MAY be able to take out some if not all of the dividers.

And then..........................

DON'T EVER DO THIS AGAIN!:laugh2:

ETA: Nice swirlies!!!

Edited by singleyellowrose

pry the whole shebang off of the base (screwdriver will work to pry the frame up) and set on something so that it's at least partially lifted off the table top. then press the bars through with the heel of your hand.

• 2 weeks later...