Soy wax tarts

NancyT

Here's a question for those of you using soy wax. I have a freind that uses soy tarts and she says when they melt, the wax evaporates and she doesn't have the liquid wax to get rid of. Do any of you know what wax this would be? Just curious because I know the tarts I make always still have wax left even when the scent is gone.

Here's a question for those of you using soy wax. I have a freind that uses soy tarts and she says when they melt, the wax evaporates and she doesn't have the liquid wax to get rid of. Do any of you know what wax this would be? Just curious because I know the tarts I make always still have wax left even when the scent is gone.

I would be asking all kind of questions. Where did you buy them? Do you have one I can test. What do the come in, are they hard to start or soft, liquid. We all know it can't be done with wax but a lot of things are made with soy??????

On the same note, what is the best soy wax for tarts?

I use 75% Eco-soya PB blended with 25% container paraffin and that works great also. I know that it's not 100% soy, but then you can get brighter, darker colors and don't have to worry about them frosting.

The only thing I can even think of is that must be some high-powered burner/melter if it is actually consuming the wax so there is none left at the end of the burn/melt.