Has anyone tried making grubby candles with palm wax?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I haven't tried to grubby a pillar with Palm, but I recently used some Glass Glo and whipped it to make some sugar cookies. It turned chalk white and cracked. It didn't work at all. And I have also used Palm wax in silicone molds and it doesn't work too well in that either. Palm is hard to get out of silicone molds and it leaves a white coating on the molds. :)

We have made some grubby pillars with feather palm and they came out looking very nice.

We also have made 100's or tarts in various silicon molds without any issues whatsoever, so perhaps it depends on the type of palm and the brand that you are using.

Hi. I haven't tried to grubby a pillar with Palm, but I recently used some Glass Glo and whipped it to make some sugar cookies. It turned chalk white and cracked. It didn't work at all. And I have also used Palm wax in silicone molds and it doesn't work too well in that either. Palm is hard to get out of silicone molds and it leaves a white coating on the molds. :)

Glass glow is a container wax so I'm not surprised you had problems. Try making grubbys with a pillar wax.

I am like Richard, I use silicone molds in various shapes for my tarts, using feather palm.

I started out using the glass glow and had no problem with getting them out of the silicone molds, but I didn't like how they were oily on the outside even at using 5%. Don't even try and use it in the clam shells, it will only crumble when you try to get them out!

Deb