Calendula

SatinDucky

I would use an EO or EO blend. Maybe a relaxation blend? Tea tree? Or maybe White tea and ginger if you don't want to go EO. Calendula is known for it's antiseptic, pain relieving and anti-inflamatory properties and when used medicinally is also a wonderful skin healing and soothing herb if that helps at all. Good Luck!

I have a few EOs. One of them is Tea Tree. No chamomile though. I have dried chamomile flowers, but making a tea with them, I don't think any scent would come through. I'd like to put some of the calendula petals on top. Maybe mix them in the soap and put the chamomole flowers on top...lol

The other EO's I have are Euclyptus, spearmint(but I'm making a spearmint soap too), Anise and Lemongrass...

OMG how funny that you should ask about the calendula petals, I have a whole pound of them, and was trying to think what scent to use with them also. :D

I have a lot of EO samples and I was thinking either camomille although this is very mild smelling, or one of the blends I have.

The color of the petals (orange/yellow) kind of lends itself to a citrus scent I would think, so the lemongrass would be great.

Tea tree oil is STRONG, go smell it girl, it's magic stuff (anteseptic properties) but it's kind of got a "dirt" scent to ME.

It's supposed to be GREAT for helping with pimples. ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to try out my calendula petals, they are so very pretty.

BTW- I also have TONS of yarrow flowers and eucalyptus leaves that I have NO idea what to do with!! LOL

Turn brown when you use them or when they are dried? The eucalyptus leaves are a faded green color and the yarrow are a natural color (goldish brown I guess).

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking.

So did you smell yout TTO yet? What do you think? It's strong huh? ;)

• 1 month later...