avocado oil soap

Jeana

Is it possible to have just avocado oil as the only oil in soap like olive oil?

I ask because there is a local soap maker saying their soap is only avocado oil. I've just never heard of that before. I thought it would be too soft.

I'm pretty new to this but 100% avocado doesn't seem to make sense.

Here's what SoapCalc says:

Hardness 22

Cleansing 0

Condition 70

Bubbly 0

Creamy 22

Iodine 86

INS 99

Does that any qualify as soap, with 0 cleansing and 0 bubbles?

How much are they charging for that bad boy?

Edited by katinmo

I suppose its possible but it wouldnt be a very GOOD bar of soap.. and whoa it would be expensive. It wouldnt be cleansing, or bubbly... at least not very. Nor very conditioning... and you are right I think it would be rather soft... sounds like a really silly, "look what I can do" kinda thing, imo...

was avocado soap done in that single oil swap?

Avocado has no Lauric... no Myristic... no Ricinoleic... its 58% Oleic, so it does have conditioning power to it but on its own... its also 12% Linoleic... but again I think its just kinda silly.

I'm pretty new to this but 100% avocado doesn't seem to make sense.

Here's what SoapCalc says:

Hardness 22

Cleansing 0

Condition 70

Bubbly 0

Creamy 22

Iodine 86

INS 99

Does that any qualify as soap, with 0 cleansing and 0 bubbles?

How much are they charging for that bad boy?

yeah pretty much what I thought.... although I didnt expect 0's... but no bubbles, hardly creamy, no cleaning.. not very hard... silly.

I did know you could use it in your recipe for a nice bar, I've done it many times. just not at 100%

These guys press their own avacado oil so expense wouldn't be an issue for them.

I was dropping off an order to a new wholesale account today. These avacado guys had given her a gift pack of their products so she will buy from them. Soap freak that I am, I examined soap and the box it came in. On the ingredients it listed only "saponified Avocado oil" and then the essential oils they used.

The bar was hard, really hard. But this just didn't make any sense to me.

As far as soapcalc numbers, OO looks almost exactly like those numbers and people make pure castile soap all the time.

I'm trying to figure out if these guys are stretching the truth or for real.

I didn't catch the price of their soap, I didn't want to look too competive.

Thanks for posting that, it was very interesting to see all those single oil soaps.

It still doesn't sound like it makes a great soap on its own. mostly because of the lack of lather and bubbles. But at least I know now that it can be done.

Edited by Jeana

Thanks for posting that, it was very interesting to see all those single oil soaps.

It still doesn't sound like it makes a great soap on its own. mostly because of the lack of lather and bubbles. But at least I know now that it can be done.

Yeah kinda like pure castile.. I make it because customers request it and its just something some of my customers come back to me for... but I dont think its the "best" soap or a "great" soap by far. Gentle, yes... but I much prefer my other soaps. Interesting to see it was rated so high in that single oil swap.. then again, so were some of the other soaps.. after reading all of them I cant help but think perhaps they were a bit generous in their rating system...