Shrink wrap bags

lsbennis

Just curious, for those of you who use shrink wrap bags for your bath bombs and tarts, where do you get them and what size do you use? I found some at Nashville wraps that were about 6x6 which would be fine for a bath bomb but maybe to big for a tart?

Do you need a machine to seal the end of it?

Thanks, I appreciate any advice :smiley2:

I believe I bought mine at Elements or Soapies Supplies, they carry a 4x6, I had originally bought them to try and package soaps, but wasnt happy with the results, I'm quite sure you would cut them down to size, also Craft Stores like Michaels carries it by the roll, you could cut the right size for your tarts. I have a heat gun specifically for the shrink wrap, they are pretty inexpensive.

I make my own bags using shrink wrap film (bulk) from nationalshrinkwrap.com. I shrink wrap my soap, melts, misc. packages, etc. of all sizes. I can "seal" the wrap to whatever size I need using an impulse sealer and use heat gun to seal up tight. On the rounded items, it doesn't always seal smooth, but it works and looks nice. hth

I have the "packagemaster" system (18") from Nationshrinkwrap.com too. LOVE it because it is great for sealing everything from little individual tarts/soaps/bath bombs up to shrinkwrapping baskets. For the smaller things with rounded edges try rolling the edge on your work surface while the wrap is heated. It makes for a nice smooth edge as long as you don't have too much excess wrap.