Color and Soot Question ?

For those who do and don't color their soy candles.. do you ever see black soot coming off the wick?

I'm still in testing mode..

I'm using HTP wicks, Ecosoya CB Xcel and will not be coloring my candles.. but did color a batch before I made my final decision. This last batch I made was Fudge Brownie (Peak) and I used liquid dye and I'm seeing that ugly black burn coming from the wicks.

Feedback appreciated :)

For those who do and don't color their soy candles.. do you ever see black soot coming off the wick?

Only when the wick is too big or too much FO.........coloring never had a thing to do with sooting. :cool2:

I'm downsizing the wicks to see if it helps.. ugh.. so time consuming!!! I just want good results now! :waiting:

LOL! Daddy I want a Pony! Daddy I want an Oomp-pa-loom-pa! I want a Goose that can lay Golden Eggs :P

~Thanks

SMCC,

Same as ChrisR said... we color all (well most) of our soy candles and over 130 scents have never had soot from it... So would agree it's either to much FO or wick being to big... HTH :)

BTW,

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat

Pampered and spoiled like a siamese cat

Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame

You know exactly who's to blame

The mother and the father