decoupage question??

SaraScribbles

just opened a book I got 6 years ago and it had a bunch of cool ideas...some of which included decoupage-ing. I have no idea where to start, but in my Google adventure, came across something saying that for the backside of the picture, you can use a mix of white glue and water, then use the decoupage medium on the front.

Has anyone done this before, or have any other ideas?

Totally confuzzled, but want to try some different crafts!

Thanks!

Sara

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder if maybe that is transferring a photo to something. you have to make sure the photo is printed with toner not an inkjet printer to do this.

You would decopage your surface then the front of the pic and ad here it to the surface(could be wood,tile) face down then let it set overnight then rub gently with water to remove the back paper and the photo should be left on the surface that you have glued/decopaged it to. then seal it with a waterproof sealer... kinda a rustic look when its done but is cool.

I also do another type with decopage ...this is not finished yet but is almost there pic below

post-4813-139458471758_thumb.jpg

Edited by katshe

thanks all! I wound up not using the picture (wouldn't fit where I needed it to go..lol), but bought the ModPodge anyway. Wound up painting their names and wedding date.

Katshe: would you mind pm'ing me with how you did that and what you used? It's wonderful!!

G'Nite all,

Sara

It is a long process ...Not sure if I am willing to share it at this point as I am selling these...but I may do a tutorial for purchase if you are interested....Sorry bout that but this process I use is something I came up with after a million trial and error processes I used through online research.. But this process I came up with seems to be the only way for me that I can get good results every time. :).

It is a long process ...Not sure if I am willing to share it at this point as I am selling these...but I may do a tutorial for purchase if you are interested....Sorry bout that but this process I use is something I came up with after a million trial and error processes I used through online research.. But this process I came up with seems to be the only way for me that I can get good results every time. :).

No problem, I completely understand! Just want to tell you it's wonderful! (and your cats are purrty too! I have 7...lol)

why thank you, the nine tile pic is almost finished now, Ill post a new pic of it when it is done in a new post so you can see how it turned out ...the finish looks neater and it will be mounted as well.

Yes my kitty's are sweet thank you.:)