Need Help with some favorites...

okieScents

I recently opened a candle shop and now am in a postition to buy more fragrances. :yay:I have had a few customer request and can get those locally, luckly, but now I am wanting to try out some of the other places but would like some guidance on what to try and where to buy from. Right now I am carrying what I feel is just basic scents and have about 45 fragances on hand. I would like to add maybe 10 to 15 more to line in the coming weeks. Thanks so much for helping me out.

Jennifer

Okie Scents

That's a pretty general question and if you read back through posts on this forum you'll see that personal favorites are going to vary wildly.

If you are in OK then to save on shipping you could try out suppliers in TX & CO. I think it's in the General Candlemaking part of this forum where there is a Supplier by State thread pinned to the top of the thread (it's in a red font). You might want to look there.

And at the top of this part of the forum (Fragrance Discussion) there is the Supplier Abbreviations and Links (also in red). At the bottom of that thread is a link to the Fragrance Oil Finder (New Fragrance Finder). That site is very helpful if you're looking for a specific scent, but it's not all inclusive.

Good luck! :cheesy2:

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually already looked at what you suggested and my supplier is in Oklahoma, where I am at. she has great scents but not some that I would like to try. My husband wants to try Monkey Farts and Dragons Blood to name a couple. I was looking for some other idea's that have been selling well. I don't mind to much on the shipping cost if it is good fragrance and something that I can carry and not others. Again TIA.

There are a lot of good suppliers out there with good scents. I think like everyplace some are better than other. If you can tell us what type of scents you are looking for in terms of category-bakery, floral and so forth it might help a bit. I tend to buy from a few different places because I like different things at these places. I like Nature's Garden, Kentucky Candle, Aroma Haven, Peaks, Elements and there are other fragrances I like to get from other places too.

For Monkey Farts I have Nature's Garden version and like it. I have heard good things about Bert's but they just recently got it back in stock after being out for awhile so I haven't tried that one yet.

Check out www.wildfire-creations.com (OK), she's located in Sapulpa ... a small but excellent supplier with unique, complex and totally awesome scents. Click on Products and then on Fragrance Oils, her site can be a bit confusing because she also sells candles too. I've loved everything I've ever ordered. If I were you I would order a sample pack; I think she offeres 8, 2oz bottles in her sample pack.

I don't know what type of scents you're looking for, but off the top of my head, I would recommend ...

Amber & Honeysuckle

Bailey's Irish Cream

Cactus Lime Sugar

Creamy Banana Ginger

Fireside Inn

Iced Lemon Biscotti

Mango Coconut Vanilla Twist

Monkey Farts

Warm Vanilla Sugar (best WVS I've ever tested)

Winter Blast (Christmas best seller)

I know there's others, but can't think of them right now.

Edited by Candlebuddy

I live in Oklahoma, too. Just south of Tulsa. Welcome!!

I order from candle science a lot and they usually have better shipping prices than the places I order from in Texas. Plus they have great oils.

Leah:)

Edited by LeahRB

Check out www.wildfire-creations.com (OK), she's located in Sapulpa ... a small but excellent supplier with unique, complex and totally awesome scents. Click on Products and then on Fragrance Oils, her site can be a bit confusing because she also sells candles too. I've loved everything I've ever ordered. If I were you I would order a sample pack; I think she offeres 8, 2oz bottles in her sample pack.

I don't know what type of scents you're looking for, but off the top of my head, I would recommend ...

Amber & Honeysuckle

Bailey's Irish Cream

Cactus Lime Sugar

Creamy Banana Ginger

Fireside Inn

Iced Lemon Biscotti

Mango Coconut Vanilla Twist

Monkey Farts

Warm Vanilla Sugar (best WVS I've ever tested)

Winter Blast (Christmas best seller)

I know there's others, but can't think of them right now.

I'll second this! I have also loved everything I have gotten from WF. The fragrances are truly special. The WVS is the best. I also love:

Vanilla Romance

Sparkle

Rustic Jeans

Tin Star

Spiced Cranberry

Pumpkin Pie Spice.

Heck, you might as well just resign yourself to eventually trying every single one. :) You won't be sorry!