Frankincense & Myrrh

Anyone else have wicking issues with this? I don't know if it's the type of scent or just the supplier. It's definately not sugary or vanilla but boy it doesn't like to burn. I've got a 30 ply flat in the 3" pillar and it still has a 1/2" wall. The votives I made are done with pillar wax too, as most all mine are, but it's up to a 44z and still drowning :shocked2: The LX 12 and 36z were completely hopeless. Hmm, they're Scent Event oils, if that makes a difference...

Each version could be different but your experience might not be unusual. I have this FO and haven't tried it yet, but I was just looking at my supplier's website where there's some information on the relative wicking of the different fragrances. For most of the scents they carry the test votive is wicked with CD 4 or CD 5, but the F&M is wicked with CD 8.

Well, now this poses a dilema for me. The largest raw wicking I have is #1 sq braid or 30 ply flat. I have all my sample packs but none are long enough.

That leads me to another question...what good are pre-tabbed wicks when the mold is 6" just like the wicks?? As popular as as 6" mold is, why don't they make the tabbed wicks 6.5"? I hate to have to go butcher 1/2" off the bottom so I can test wicks. :embarasse

I hear ya Satin. What I do is take the tab off of the pre-tabbed wick and use it. Unless you are going to burn the last 1/4" of your pillar it should work just fine. Thread the untabbed (or is that detabbed ;)) wick from the top of the pillar stopping at the point that you have just the right length to light.

Sometimes the wick hole is a bit tight and I need to open it a bit with a wick needle (coat hanger or something similar will work...just make sure it is straight).