Replacing 0k6228

It has been awhile since i posted anything but I need some help. I have used 6228 for years and two of my suppliers are not carrying it anymore. I use to go and get it at Early American Candle Supplies because i am about an hour away from there. I would pick up my jars and j50 and grab a case of 6228 and not worry about shipping. This was wonderful when i do fundraisers. Now they have stopped selling 6228 and j50. I have tried their Ecosoya Pillar Blend because I was desperate to make tarts. My new customers don't know the difference but my older customers told me that the tarts don't seem as strong. I want my 6228 back. Is the Astor V the same thing. Also is the 6006 comparable to j50 at all. I can still get j50 but I like being able to driving an hour and getting everything right then and there and not having to wait or pay shipping. I have also tried the 4794 from candle science and have good luck with that I do add 25% j50 to this as well as the Ecosoya and the 6228. Thank you for your help

Stephanie

I know how you feel about the 6228. I have been hoarding my last 2 slabs for a couple of years now. I love this wax and know that eventually I have to switch to a new one. :(

You can still get the 6228 at Tri-State candle supply just outside of Charleston, WV. But the price has gone up to $115.50 for a case. Tri-State also says on their site that the 6228 is the same as IGI 4750A wax.

Edited by Candybee

No, 6006 is not similar to J50. You might try mixing 85% 6006 and 15% soy and heating to 190 and pouring into cold jars at 185 and don't cover while they cool. You have to go down on wicking and 6-7 % on fo. It has good adhesion and good ht/ct. Curing for a couple of days helps. HTH.

Steve

6006 is a parasoy blend and adding more soy to it will not make it comparable to J50.

Since your in PA why don't you get your wax from C&S? They still carry the J waxes and so does CS in NC. J50 is most comparable to J223. The difference being the J223 has a slightly better scent throw but may need a repour for larger containers while J50 was designed to be a true one pour wax.