more starburst

I wicked the 4 inch pillar with a CSN 22 ( CS suggests CSN14)

I wicked the 3 inch pillars with CSN14

I wicked the 3x6 inch pillar with CDN14 since CS wicks are too short for the mold.

I fixed them up all pretty ( cause I was sick of having candles everywhere not labeled or pretty) The crystals are beautiful.

After only 2 1/2 hours I had to extinguish the 3 inch ones especially the CDN it almost went to the end. I think the flame is very large on the CSN22 but it looks like it is where it should be in diameter . Go figure

But aren't they pretty anyway:rolleyes2

So I can make them I just can't burn them:laugh2:

post-11200-139458469936_thumb.jpg

post-11200-139458469938_thumb.jpg

post-11200-139458469941_thumb.jpg

post-11200-139458469943_thumb.jpg

Your candles are beautiful! I, also, love your presentation! They do look like they are burning too fast. My melt pool is smaller after the first 4 hour burn. I love mixing the feather and starburst together. I use a 3x3 inch mold and am having good luck with csn 11 and 14. Top suggested the csn 14 for the mix, but I already had these made with the csn 11. Out of six different scents, only 2 worked with the 11.

I have remade the others with csn 14 and so far they are looking really good. I am having a really hard time with Plumeria for NG. I made the first one with the csn 11 and had a blowout so went with the 14. The shell got really thin at one point and I thought it was a gonner, but on future burns it looks really good. I will burn it to the end and see what happens.

Oh the pressure of picking a wick! :laugh2:

I thought the CSN14 would be good but I am not sure about that now. At least for this FO which is Lilac from MC. Thanks for your kind words I am proud of them. I also made some pillars with citronella . They are a bitch to wick. I am up to CSN 16 and they are too small

I went 4 hours without incident. I think I will give it some time before I re -melt and go smaller. I am having trouble with the votives though . I don't think I know how to wick them . they always fall over or go off center. Can anyone tell me how to wick them correctly?

I went 4 hours without incident. I think I will give it some time before I re -melt and go smaller. I am having trouble with the votives though . I don't think I know how to wick them . they always fall over or go off center. Can anyone tell me how to wick them correctly?

I just use wick pins. Mold the votive, thread the wick through, and push the neck of the tab into the hole. If you have the pins with a slightly conical base, the wick tab is slightly recessed in the candle and could end up off center. You can avoid that by leveling the bottom on a hot surface. Feather and starburst cut like butter, so you could also just trim those down with a craft knife.

I'm not sure how wicks fall over...are they not tabbed properly?

I'm not sure how wicks fall over...are they not tabbed properly?

I think so they are the CSN9. they don't stay centered and as the candle melts they move all the way to one side.

I probably just need practice . thanks

I think so they are the CSN9. they don't stay centered and as the candle melts they move all the way to one side.

I probably just need practice . thanks

The wick tips over, or the wick tab moves? The wicks tabs don't always land dead center for me unless I flatten the bottom of the candle.

Thank you so much. It is nice to hear when you work so hard.

FYI CDN 14 blew out. I am melting it down and using a CDN 12 The CSN14 still look ok.

On the 4inch Pillar TheCSN22 is looking good as well.

Edited by lrbd

The wick tips over, or the wick tab moves? The wicks tabs don't always land dead center for me unless I flatten the bottom of the candle.

The move all the way to the other side and kinda tip over .This morning they must have fallen over cause they are out and I can't see the wick and there is still wax in the holder. Thanks