vanilla in B&B

Red

My understanding is yes, you do need VS for vanilla FOs in other B&B products if you don't want your product to turn brown. I made some lotion with Very Vanilla from CS about a month ago and added VS to it. It hasn't changed colors and is still white.

I've not had a problem with vanilla in bath bombs yet, but my bath bombs dont have any water in them... so I've wondered if that might have a difference because I know alot of people have problems with this.

I havent had browning in body butters either, even with water... but again, I know some people do. I havent had browning with pink sugar (vanilla) in scrubs... but its the only vanilla type or blend I've tested.

Honestly I think the only way you are going to know is testing, and waiting.. unfortunately :(

I use both, VS and the Browning Neutralizer in different products. If I use it, everything stays as it should. If not, I get brown spots within hours on bath bombs or bubble bars. Some Pink Sugar body butter I made my Mom is just now turning light tan, about 3 months later.

Funny thing... I was in Lush yesterday, and I noticed brown spots on some of their bath bombs! :shocked2:

I am working on this now with lotion and Body splash.Not done with the lotion BUT the only scent that discolored the Body Splash was Pink Sugar(vanilla) It is a pretty light yellow(no brown) I made sure I put that we use no dyes but a skin safe FO.Also mentioned that if the scent is vanilla or has vanilla in it there can be discoloring.

I am working on a wholesale that had dyes in lotion etc on their site but when I told her we don't use dyes she was changing to dye free.

Now to see what the lotion does?????? I am sure it will be the Pink Sugar changing.The vanilla!!!!!!!!!

LynnS

I've not had a problem with vanilla in bath bombs yet, but my bath bombs dont have any water in them... so I've wondered if that might have a difference because I know alot of people have problems with this.

Mine don't have water. Vanilla fragrances I have that turn brown in soap will go brown in the bomb. It isn't going to happen overnight, but anywhere between 3 and 6 months.

So I don't think water is the issue.