advice on wick test?

Sometime last week I had asked about different wicks. Well, yall convinced me to try sample packs. Got three (Performa, RRD, and paper core). I poured some test jars yesterday, let them cool. Burned them for about two hours last night, after which I saw that I just HAD to change one of them. Burned again for another three hours this morn., went to town while they cooled, then burned for almost another four this eve.

They all have a little hang up, which I think should clear up on the next test burn (fingers crossed it will anyways). I'm going to try to attach a pic so I might get some suggestions on which one yall think are doing the best so far. I know which one I'd choose as of right now, but I'd like to get some opinions to see if I'd choose the right one.

Oh, btw, these are just wax... no color, no fo, no nothing. I know I'll prolly have to go up a size or two once I put all the good stuff in there, but I'm just looking for a jumping off point for now... TIA for any suggestions.

Mitch

post-1660-139458387564_thumb.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't try to choose between them without all the "goodies" added. They're all burning very close and adding FO will definately change that. One you eliminate now may be the perfect one for the complete formula. Unless you're planning on keeping them unscented...

Know how you feel about testing. It does seem pretty confusing sometimes. Be sure to burn your candles all the way to the bottom. Sometimes a wick looks good at the beginning but things change as you burn down in a jar. Also be sure to document your tests. When I'm testing multiple containers I put a sticker on each container with the particulars to keep them straight. And Top is right. You have to test each FO and dye combo. Some FOs really do need a different wick. Good Luck.