Making Perfume Oils with DPG?

Hey everyone! I have been thinking about trying to make some body/perfume oils. I have bought some from someone on ebay before and the ingredients listed were DPG and fragrance oil.. Is it really that simple? I already use DPG for my incense making, so I of course have fragrance oils on hand as well...I was wondering if I could really combine the two to make a skin safe perfume oil? I tried looking into it online but most sites say to use a base oil like grapeseed or jojoba..etc....

Also, if I can use DPG, what ratio would you suggest to use with the fragrance oil?

snowdrift farms says you can make a perfume oil with DPG. Tried it, didn't work. It is incredibaly (why can't I spell that word? haha) greasy. I now use either fco or jojoba oil too for my rollons, and cyclo for the sprays. I use my DPG strictly for my incense i make.

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

i'd like to try some perfume oil with my golden jojoba. i have an angel dupe that is dead on but i'm not sure what percentage to use. i love angel, but can't afford it!

can anyone give me the right porportions?

tia,

eileen

hi,

i'd like to try some perfume oil with my golden jojoba. i have an angel dupe that is dead on but i'm not sure what percentage to use. i love angel, but can't afford it!

can anyone give me the right porportions?

tia,

eileen

Start small and work your way up, I would say start with 5%, with most FO's thats enough. With EO's I start with 2%. Work up from there. I did 10% on some, like sweet pea because its very light.. but 10% of something heavy will knock you right on your butt, lol

Start small and work your way up, I would say start with 5%, with most FO's thats enough. With EO's I start with 2%. Work up from there. I did 10% on some, like sweet pea because its very light.. but 10% of something heavy will knock you right on your butt, lol

thank you SO much! i am going to try it today for sure.

getting knocked on my butt doesn't sound like much fun, so i'll definitely follow your recommendations! lol

have a great weekend!

ei

Edited by dogmom1