Wicks coming loose from tabs?

Outside of the crimping, there is another good solution that won't put as much stress on it while you are doing the wick placement. Lone Star Candle supply out of texas sells a wick setter- like a long rod with a magnet on the bottom, and wick "stickies" little glue dots...doing this will greatly increase your speed as well as make it very easy to center them. Its a little investment, but really pays off in the long run!!!!

I had problems several years ago with wicks from BCN coming out of the tabs. But being the nice person I am...:grin2: I let it go. I decided that I would use those wicks for my own personal use. They were HTP wicks.

I have used all types of wicks from NG, C&S, KY and the old Snowtop and didn't have problems with any of them.

Now I buy all of my LX wicks from Candlewic and have never had a problem.

Okay girls, so where is the best place to buy my CD wicks? Anyone have a good supplier to recommend that uses CD? I will not buy anymore from BCN because I am not going to go through this again if I can avoid it.

Okay girls, so where is the best place to buy my CD wicks? Anyone have a good supplier to recommend that uses CD? I will not buy anymore from BCN because I am not going to go through this again if I can avoid it.

Candlewic!!!:cheesy2:

Edited by islandgirl

Well, I will admit that it was BC that I purchased the 1,000 wicks that kept popping out of the bases. I guess I didn't realize that they just buy them like that from the maufacturer and that even if I bought from another supplier, I may have the same problem.

I guess that is not the case....maybe I should be looking for another supplier for my LX wicks......

I used the jewlery crimping tool and it works great! Makes the wick tight as can be! I think I will make this a regular step in candlemaking because you really never know if it could be loose...no matter who the supplier. I'm not taking any chances.

Yes, actually this just happend to me on a new batch of 1000. Of course I didn't catch it until I had already poured a whole batch of candles. :mad: Then when I was trying to wick some more jars, I had about 10 out of 15 pulled loose as I was wicking them. I was going to call the supplier to let them know. This is very frustrating! Like others mentioned, you pay extra to have this done so you don't have to tab your own.

I ordered mine from CS. Never had that problem before outside of a rare few here and there which I can deal with.

My daughter makes jewelry, so I will have to check out the crimper tool.

Thanks!