Wicking Palm 2 & 3 in a 2" pillar?

I've not tried the 2inch pillars so can't help there. but the votives I use a RRD29 or 34. I didn't even try the zinc. I doubt you will get a good burn from zinc but you never know till you try. and make sure palm votives are in a tight fitting container. hth

I think you may want to try the RRD series of wicks with that wax...they seem to work best with the natural waxes. And as Paula said, those 2" pillars are wickedly hard to wick, we've both pulled out a fair amount hair trying to find one that wouldn't drown out or blowout the sides. And remember to test them all the way down to the end. A lot of times I thought I finally had the right wick only to have it blowout half way through.

LOL!! Oh yeah...it was you Sheila that was losing your mind along with me when we were trying to wick those dang 2 inchers...I thought it was Paulette, although I think she was complaining right along with us when we were trying to get those wicked. Are you still pursuing them or did you give up on them like me? Well, I didn't actually give up completely, I managed to make some using paraffin that burns quite nicely as long as I don't burn it for too long but I would never try to sell them or give them to anyone because no one will babysit them like I do.

Haven't tried palm in 2", but I can give my general thoughts.

The natural waxes are more "brittle" than paraffin, that's why they tend to blow out more - the wax goes from solid to soft very abruptly, where paraffin has a more gradual change in character. That means paraffin "stretches" more for want of a better word, so the walls don't crack and break quite as easily.

They're still a pain to wick, no matter what wax you use. You might want to try something bigger than you think - a key to not blowing out the side is to keep that melt pool drier than usual - no liquid wax to pour down the sides. The offset to that is a bigger flame that will usually mean more trimming.